Originally created for of the Strong People, Strong Communities Indigenous mural project in Yellowknife in 2021 as a healing through working with traditional materials workshop to facilitate discussion of the residential school impacts and to honour our children who perished and Survivors of the residential school system. Made with orange sealskin, orange leather, beaded edging and metal brooch pin, they are a visible symbol of love and solidarity with Indigenous communities, suitable for everyone to wear. Inuit hand crafted by a residential school survivor and intergenerational survivor, these were featured in the 2022 Pow Wow Pitch where I won 3 awards.
– orange sealskin
– orange leather
– metal brooch pin
1 size. 2.75″ x 2.25″
About seal fur
- Seal pelt is commercially tanned according to the environmental standards in Canada.
- Sealskins have variations in color, texture, thickness, and finish due to their natural origin and being organic products.
Taalrumiq products are authentically Inuit hand crafted with the utmost quality and care in the tradition of my ancestors. Using fine quality materials, they are made to last and created with the same attention to detail as if I were sewing for my own family. Each handmade product is unique and one of a kind. Keep away from pets, store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and your original Taalrumiq product will last for a long time. Due to the nature of Sealskin and fox fur, there may be some variation in color, texture, length and thickness
– No returns accepted due to personal nature of the item.
Shipping cost (with tracking #) and how long to ship in general
– Ready to ship within 5 business days after your order.
– Shipping within Canada only
– $25 regular mail with tracking