PIC&D MARKETING & VENDOR RELATIONS Manager
🌎Ottawa, Canada. Employees will work remotely.
🕗Part-time (10 hours/week)
Salary: Between $28/hour and $34/hour – based on experience
Seals & Sealing Network | Fur Institute of Canada
The Seals & Sealing Network (SSN) brings together Canada’s sealing industry harvesters, processors, manufacturers, retailers, and Indigenous peoples of Canada to promote and market high quality and sustainable Canadian Seal Products (seal oil, seal meat, seal fur) through our Canadian Seal Products and Proudly Indigenous Crafts & Designs brands.
Project governance and management is provided by the Board of Directors of the Fur Institute of Canada (FIC) and the Sealing Committee (SC). Decisions and implementation of the different activities is undertaken in close collaboration with the SSN through different sub-committees (Oil, Fur, Meat, Branding, Indigenous, Proudly Indigenous Crafts & Designs and Animal/Human Health). These subcommittees form the backbone of sealing industry engagement and collaboration in different industry projects.
Proudly Indigenous Crafts & Designs www.proudlyindigenouscrafts.com
The Proudly Indigenous Crafts & Designs (PIC&D) store promotes authentic Indigenous seal products. All seal fur and leather products sold on the PIC&D online store are certified “Proudly Indigenous”. This means they are harvested by Indigenous communities and/or made by Indigenous crafters and designers. PIC&D seal products meet strict criteria and guidelines ensuring their authenticity, standards of quality and traceability.
Canadian Seal Products www.canadiansealproducts.com
Canadian Seal Products (CSP) website is also operated by the Seals & Sealing Network. This platform promotes sustainable Canadian seal products including omega-3 seal oil, seal meat and seal fur & leather products. CSP act as an informed, solutions-oriented, and science-based national voice for Canada’s sealing industry including non-Indigenous and Indigenous voices. All omega-3 seal oil, seal meat and seal fur & leather products using the “Canadian Seal Products” brand meet strict criteria and guidelines ensuring the highest standards of quality, safety and traceability. Both non-Indigenous brands and Indigenous brands are welcome to showcase their seal products on that platform.
Seals and Sealing Network are seeking a highly motivated Marketing and Vendor Relations Manager who can collaborate with cross-functional teams, while building and maintaining vendor relationships. The ideal candidate has experience working with Indigenous communities, respects the people and cultures and takes time to understand their background and history. This competition is open to all candidates, but this initiative gives preference to Indigenous applicants. This individual should also be adaptable to new technology and be able to work with our online platforms and software (WordPress, WooCommerce, Google Drive, Word, Excel, etc.).
As Marketing and Vendor Relations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting research on existing Indigenous seal product vendors and update the Potential Vendors list.
- Identify and reach out to new seal products brands and artists to invite them to become vendors on the Proudly Indigenous Crafts & Designs (PIC&D) online store (proudlyindigenouscrafts.com).
- Manage vendor activities and maintain both new and existing vendor relationships.
- Get potential vendors to register on PIC&D online store and assist them during the registration process.
- Ensure that the vendors provide all required documents and have been approved by the PIC&D Evaluation Committee.
- Support vendors in writing and/or updating their biography, product descriptions, and modifying their product pictures to ensure consistency on the online stores.
- Maintain contact with related Indigenous organizations to promote the PIC&D platform and SSN’s efforts to promote Indigenous seal fur products.
- Present about the PIC&D platform to potential vendors and third-party organizations.
- Provide support to the vendors in relation to shipping and follow-up with customers when needed.
- Communicate with SSN’s accounting department when required to ensure that vendors are compensated in a timely manner.
- Participate to improve workflow processes, methods, and policies for new and potential vendors.
- Operate PIC&D TikTok account.
- Review PIC&D social media posts and blog articles before posting to ensure that all the information is correct.
- Act as the lead contact for sharing information between PIC&D artists, the PIC&D Subcommittee and SSN Program Manager to ensure smooth operations.
- Understanding of multi-brand marketplaces
- Experience working with Woo Commerce
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of Indigenous cultures
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- We will offer training (including but not limited to online vendors, key documents to fill in, WooCommerce platform, file management, etc.)
Skills and competencies can be shown in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that is why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.